It is the planned activity of the vulnerable points that is carried out at the most opportune moment and is destined to avoid failures or breakdowns in the system, equipment and facilities.
It is carried out under normal conditions, that is, when the production process works correctly.
The same is carried out taking into account the experience of the staff that provides this activity, who in turn are responsible for and responsible for planning this activity in order to maintain an adequate operation or level of service in the equipment.
It has a budget approved by the company's board of directors, and a previously prepared program detailing the procedure to be followed, and the activities to be carried out, in order to have the necessary tools and spare parts "at hand".
• Reduces corrective maintenance (breakdowns) by increasing equipment availability and reducing unforeseen expenses.
• Helps control and maintain equipment and facilities, increasing their useful life.
• It enables the forecast of changes of parts or necessary means.
• When planned, it does not interrupt production and does not reduce the availability of equipment when it is applied.
• Makes it possible to maintain compliance with legislation.
• Helps to maintain and reduce energy consumption.
• It is planned, so its costs are controlled from the start.
• Requires an initial investment in infrastructure and labor.
• It must be carried out by specialized technicians, who can verify the correct functionality of the intervened equipment.
• Requires continuous and / or periodic review and updating of the same to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency, since if the maintenance cost cannot be overcharged without substantial improvements in availability.
• It is a routine job, which when prolonged in time produces a lack of motivation in the staff, so the involvement of the operators is essential for their success. To do this, imaginative systems must be created to turn repetitive work into work that generates satisfaction and commitment.